Here are 4 specific ways to pray for McClain, Candace, and myself (Brett) while we are in Uganda this summer.
“We seek to bring glory to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in all that we do.”
1. Pray that God’s glory would be revealed, according to the Holy Spirit at work within us, so that Jesus would increase and we would decrease forever and ever. Let it be so!
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. EPHESIANS 3:20-21
“We seek to fulfill the task and the ministry that we have been created and empowered to carry out.”
2. Pray that our heavenly Father God would make us to know His ways and the good works for which we have been created, so that we would be His hands and feet to the world in all of life. Let it be so!
4 Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long. PSALM 25:4-5
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. EPHESIANS 2:10
“We seek to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to all because it is the only hope for life now, life after, and life forever.”
3. Pray that the minds of the perishing would be opened to see the light of the gospel of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, so that the blind would see His face and the enemies be made heirs. Let it be so!
1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
“We are not going to Uganda to be safe, we are going to be faithful.
We plan, strive, and will work hard in the name of Jesus- and let the Lord do what seems good to Him. If we perish we perish. To live is Christ and to die is gain.”
4. Pray that God would give us the faith, strength, and grace to proclaim “To live is Christ and to die is gain!” In sickness, in health, in danger, and in peace. May our lives show the we prize Christ Jesus above all. May all see and come to believe that knowing Christ and making Him known is more precious than any comfort this world has to offer. Let it be so!
"Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish." ESTHER 4:16
12And he said, "If the Syrians are too strong for me, then you shall help me, but if the Ammonites are too strong for you, then I will help you. 13Be strong, and let us use our strength for our people and for the cities of our God, and may the LORD do what seems good to him." 1 CHRONICLES 19:12-13
21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. 24But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. PHILIPPIANS 1:21-24
8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. PHILIPPIANS 3:8-11
"We are completely aware that we have an enemy and that he will be seeking to destroy our plans and to keep us from revealing God's glory. We will be fighting Him with prayer and our dependance on the Holy Spirit's leading. We know that we are fighting not against flesh and blood but an enemy far more powerful than mere men. Thanks be to Jesus for defeating Satan, death, and sin on the cross. May we live in the reality that God is our only hope of success in Uganda."
5. Pray that Satan's attacks would not keep us from bringing glory to our God! Pray for us to live in dwell in the gospel and God's sovereign grace and providence. That though things might not go how we planned, we know that for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose- God uses all things to work together for our good. Pray for Satan's attacks to be null and may we be guarded from the evil one. Let it be so!
"We greatly appreciate your prayers in these areas and in whatever way you feel lead. Pray for our safety, yes, but pray more earnestly for the gospel of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ to be on display. Thank you to all who gave financially to send us on this gospel mission to the country of Uganda. Senders and just as necessary as goers."
11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?" 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. ROMANS 10:11-17
You are our brothers and sisters in Christ, and we are yours.
May love, hope, grace, and peace from God the Father abound to you all.